Sunday, August 2, 2009

Visitation and Village Trip

Ghanga Ama and me enjoying a refreshing Coke:)
They love to have their picture made. I just love the children.
I was able to give my testimony to a large group of ladies.
Julia and me and a few of the local ladies and their children
I just love this little fellow, the mom invited us to her home and served us Coke!!
The village "team". I enjoyed traveling with Ghanga Ama, she is 82 and a faithful servant.
I love this!! She is so precious.
Julia and me at the local village cafe. We even tried the fried goat.
Julia and I with the sweet children.
Traffic jam, no this isn't a one way street. They drive on the left side of
the road, see the bus coming?
Women going out to harvest the fields. They can carry an incredible amount of weight.
Talking to some local villagers.
Suzi and Julia sharing truth with an Australian. (notice Suzi holding her nose?)
Nepal women carrying their loads.
Precious children.
Linda, Suzi, Julia, Cathy, Kell out visiting.
One of the highlights of the trip was, going with Linda to the village. It took about two hours to get there, through all the crazy, "regular" city traffic, and then out of the city to the country. The view was absolutely beautiful. The dirt roads, well, let's just say, were barely wide enough for 2 small cars to pass. Unbelievably, we had to share these narrow roads with busses, tractors, huge trucks, buffalo, cows, motorcycles, millions of people, taxis, and everything else. And to top it all, we were going fast. It was quite the adventure, but then again, we have been on vacation with the Pollocks. So, I really didn't stress out too much:} Thanks, Pollocks, for the Nepal Preparedness classes!! Nepali people are pretty laid back, and being on time just isn't real important, so we waited for everyone to arrive for the meeting. Everyone made us feel welcome but, it is really frustrating not to be able to talk with them. Linda had to translate for us and she was really busy. It was a great time of teaching and fellowship.

1 comment:

Pollock Family said...

I love those pics of the children and the baby. I actually like em all. What a wonderful time you must've had there. We sure wish we could've come, too, but the Lord knew. Maybe in the future there will be a time for us to go.

Thank you for sharing the trip with us and for updating the blog :)

Love ya lots and lots,
Java Momma (Apparently)